Finding a good orthodontist is an advantage for your health. When you go for orthodontic treatment, doubts arise such as: in which dental clinic should I have it done? what type of orthodontics should I wear? what should I do if each orthodontist tells me that I need something different?
At Alvarado Dental Clinic we understand that this is a complicated decision. In fact, in most of the treatments carried out by an orthodontist, the same final result can be achieved through different paths. What complicates the decision is the type of orthodontics and its price.
The professionalism of our orthodontists
Here is a decalogue prepared by the Spanish Association of Specialists in Orthodontics (AESOR), to help you choose the right professional:
- The orthodontist must comply with the training and quality standards established by the EU.
- It is the orthodontist who has to diagnose, plan and treat each case.
- The patient should be treated by the same professional, from start to finish. For an oral problem to be correctly corrected, it is necessary to have an adequate follow-up.
- Special attention must be paid to the offers. For a treatment to be successful, good materials and state-of-the-art technology must be used. There is no such thing as a miracle treatment.
- A detailed quotation must always be required for all procedures to be followed, including both diagnostic and post-orthodontic tests to avoid surprises.
- In orthodontics, there is only one diagnosis for each specific case, but there are different plans or strategies. It is necessary to be clear about the plan that best adapts to the needs of each patient and to avoid over-treatment.
- The success of the treatment depends largely on the collaboration of the patient. Maintaining good dental hygiene, attending check-ups punctually, taking care of the appliances and following the advice of the professional are determining aspects for the success of the treatment.
- With the passing of the years, small changes can occur in the position of the teeth, which is why it is very important to continue with the maintenance visits. Relapses have a good solution if they are treated in time.
- The orthodontist has to inspire confidence and care properly. Very important: the patient must always sign the informed consent form.
- All cases have a solution if they are treated by a suitable specialist.
Make sure that your professional is trustworthy
Just like a surgeon or a specialist doctor, the orthodontist is another fundamental pillar for your health. Visit and make sure of the services offered by each one of them.